STARTING A BUSINESS?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics roughly 20% of small businesses fail within the first year, 33% within the first two years and 50% within the first five years.
SCALING AN EXISTING BUSINESS?
A recent study conducted by Dunn & Bradstreet found that 90% of all business failures can be traced to poor management resulting from lack of business knowledge … the inability of management to critically think about their business.
With our proven track record of success in starting and scaling businesses, we are here to help small business entrepreneurs succeed. Our educational videos and business topic blogs provide the tools and advice needed to grow your business. Our certified business mentor’s video mentoring is tailored to each individual business, giving you the personalized guidance and assistance that you need to succeed. Be sure to download your free sample of “Small Business Thoughts Real-Time Strategic Planning” guide. With our expertise, you can gain the insights and experience you need to take your business to the next level.
Sample Our “Thoughts Library” Posts
Welcome to our weekly blog on small business thoughts! Here we will discuss topics related to marketing/sales, planning, business financial understanding, and Human Resources. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and provide you with tips, advice, and resources to help you make the best decisions for your small business. Whether you’re just starting out or have been in business for years, our blog can provide you with the information you need to take your business to the next level. So let’s get started!
- Creating A Budget That Works For YouA business budget is a tool that can be used to track and manage a company’s finances. It allows the company to see where its money is going and where cost cuts can be made. […]
- Four Surprising Thoughts About StartupsBe sure to view the free micro-video “Roadmap For Starting Your Business“. Copyright ©John Trenary 2022. All rights reserved.
- Tips To Boost Your eMail Marketing PerformanceNew challenges like inflation and labor shortages have left small businesses lacking the time and resources to maintain a robust marketing program. A recent survey found that 69% of business owners handle all of their […]
- Four Common Budgeting Mistakes (And How To Avoid Them)Most people think budgeting is about money. Budgeting is actually about SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound). Money is simply the tool a budget uses to achieve those goals. First the SMART goals need […]
- Maximize Your Productivity – Tips for Mastering Time ManagementMost business owners are busy all day (and night) yet never catch up with their to-do list. How can you remedy this? Start by performing a time assessment. For two weeks, track how you spend […]
- What Is Cash Flow?Lately, several new startup entrepreneurs have asked me to define cash flow. Cash flow is the term used to describe the movement of cash into and out of a business during a specific period. Companies […]
Sample Our “Micro-Videos”
“Grow your small business knowledge with easy-to-understand micro-videos!”
Try A “Mentoring Session“
“Unlock Your Business Potential with a Certified Mentor Who’s Been There and Done That!” — I’m a certified business mentor with a track record of success in starting and scaling businesses. I can help small business entrepreneurs unlock their business potential by providing guidance on everything from developing a successful business plan, to creating a marketing strategy, to scaling operations. My expertise and experience can help entrepreneurs reach their business goals faster and with greater success.
“What Our Mentoring Clients Are Saying”
“Very knowledgeable and straight forward individual. Very useful information & experience that is rare to find.” — TP, Agriculture, Farming
“The personal one-to-one coaching is so valuable. It is a genuine touch of connecting & learning. I feel heard & understood. John is excellent in delivering content, share experience and guides me respectfully.” — SG, Child Care
“I felt he was extremely knowledgeable and validated me as a small business owner. He helped clarify business topics, provided insight and handouts, and helped me hone my marketing message.” — DLR, Healthcare
“Great tips and guidance from my mentor.” — LJW, Arts Industry
“John has lots of initiative, tenacity and openness. Quick start…Lots of insights/encouragement/support right away.” — RMG, Retail & Events
“He gave me great info and things to think about right away.” — MC, Financing/Capital
“The amount of information and the quality of the information is amazing! It is time well spent and much appreciated.” — MR, Personal Maintenance Services
“Johns mentoring style is very cut-to- the-chase and he knows how to deliver a wealth of information to you in a clear and intentional manner.” –MY, Retail & Wholesale Trade
“My mentor was helpful in guiding me toward what is most important to think about right now in my process. He was great. Ill be following up with him.” — NC, Web Design
“My mentor is/was very helpful. I’ve received great value. The handouts, willingness to meet and prompt answers makes it an incredible value for new business owners.” — HE, Digital Sales
“I appreciate the clear and concise guidance/direction.” — PH, Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
“Having a mentor like this is extremely helpful. He is a wealth of information and is super helpful.” — TC, Manufacturing
“John set out clear next steps and seemed excited to continue the conversation: John was thoughtful and clearly communicated next steps for us to take.” — DCB, Retail & Wholesale Trade
“My mentor has been incredibly generous with his time and has even put in research on his own time to help support my goals.” — ZD, Business Consulting
“John is knowledgeable and a great man to work with! Definitely appreciate his insight and all he is doing for me! — GK, Home or Personal Maintenance Services
“The mentor knows what he is talking about and really wants to help.” — JB, Manufacturing